HDF 110- “Philadelphia” Movie Assignment (30 points)
You will watch the movie, “Philadelphia” (1993.) It is available at the following sites: Amazon Prime, Google Play, Starz and YouTube. The rental fee should not be much more than $3.99. You will choose any six (6) of the following nine questions and answer each with a minimum ½ page response (12 point font, double-spaced, typed) Each question and answer is worth 5 points, for a total of 30 points.
1. Given that the movie “Philadelphia” was made 25 years ago, how do you believe that things have changed since that time? Are the topics still as relevant today? How and why?
2. Which do you believe was the biggest reason that Andrew was fired, being gay or having AIDS? If the partners would have simply found out that he was gay, do you believe they would have still set him up and fired him? Give examples from the movie to support your opinion.
3. Following Joe’s passionate statement about the effects of homophobia, the Judge made a statement, “…The Courtroom is blind to matters race, gender…….and sexual orientation” and Joe responds, “Yes, but we don’t live in this courtroom.” Explain the significance of this. Can the courtroom really be totally immune from the many “isms” we have discussed? Why or why not?
4. Consider Andrew in terms of the “Matrix of Oppression”…Although he was gay, he was part of several other privileged groups. Which groups do you believe had the biggest impact on Andrew’s life? Give examples.
5. What do you believe were the main turning points for Joe Miller in terms of his reconsidering his attitude about Gay people? While he clearly grew in terms of his own views, do you believe this growth was directly only towards his relationship with Andy or do you believe he would be less homophobic in general?
6. Do you believe that seeing this movie would have a positive impact on somebody who is very homophobic or heterosexist? Why or Why not? How? What do you believe were the most powerful parts in the movie that would likely make somebody rethink their homophobic or heterosexist views?
7. In terms of the “resiliency characteristics” we discussed in class, do you believe that Andrew was a resilient character or not? Give examples of why or why not you believe this based on your analysis of the four characteristics.
8. Analyze the influence of heterosexism or homophobia on Andrew’s life from Bronfenbrenner’s systemic perspective by giving examples of instances of homophobia or heterosexism in Andrew’s micro, meso,exo or macrosystem.
9. Identify the ways in which Power(discuss at least three specific examples out of French and Raven’s six bases of power) play a role in the movie and how it furthers prejudice and oppression towards the LGBT community.
The post Analyze the influence of heterosexism or homophobia on Andrew’s life from Bronfenbrenner’s systemic perspective by giving examples of instances of homophobia or heterosexism in Andrew’s micro, meso,exo or macrosystem. appeared first on Essay Quoll.
We always make sure that our academic writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. Otherwise a 100% refund is guaranteed.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Whether you have an urgent deadline or those that have time. You can take some time and relax after trusting us with your paper. We make sure that we conduct the academic writing services diligently.
Among the wide variety of academic work, essay writing is one of the simplest a student can ever come across. Usually, it is a task which students encounter and learn how to write whilst in high school. However, the case is quite different when it comes to university and college.
Are you looking for an online writing firm that can offer you reliable custom term paper writing help? Is your wish and desire to get someone who can guide you throughout the process of writing term papers? If yes, then you have come to the right place.
Coursework is essential for every student in order to graduate from college. However, most of it is deadline-centric, and that becomes a challenge to most learners. With the amount of work, learners are receiving every day, finding time to work on every task is not easy.
Online homework help services are an answer to every challenge that students go through. Despite the difference in the needs and levels of learning, all students can benefit from these services. Acemyhomework is one of the best online homework help service companies you can find on the internet.