Criminal Organization Legislation
For this Assignment, assume you have been asked to moderate an upcoming political debate between two candidates concerning crime. One area of concern, and a topic that will be addressed in the debate, is the sufficiency of current legislation to address gang and organized crime violence.
- Select one gang or organized crime statute at the federal, state, or local level and research it.
By Day 7
Submit a 500- to 750-word paper that addresses the following:
- Write an introductory statement that reviews the statute and summarizes its intent.
- Prepare three questions toward the supporting side of the statute and three questions toward the opposing side of the statute.
- Respond to one question from the supporting side of the statute and one question from the opposing side of the statute.
- Based on your responses, what conclusions can you draw about the efficacy of legislation related to combating criminal organizations?