A SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) analysis is a common framework used by organizational and business leaders to strategically evaluate and improve the impact, performance, and success of an organization from both an internal and external perspective. In contrast, a SOAR (Strengths, Opportunities, Aspirations, and Results) analysis engages all components of an organization (including the individual level) to positively enhance and improve internal performance and productivity.
Create a 6- to 8-slide SOAR Personal Diversity Analysis presentation incorporating aspects of your personal diversity values, beliefs, knowledge and worldviews. Use the following prompts to guide your presentation:
- What makes you unique?
- What diverse aspects of your identity do you value?
- How do you view diversity as a strength?
- How do you view inclusion as a strength?
- What are 3 ways in which you can further engage or explore aspects of your personal diversity?
- What are aspects of your family background or heritage that you can learn more about?
- What is a diversity challenge about yourself that you can change into an opportunity?
- Are there aspects of your cultural identity that you would like to improve or expand?
- Are there stereotypes, prejudices, or generalizations that others hold about aspects of your cultural diversity that you wish they better understood?
- Are there individual factors about yourself that could improve as a result of an increased understanding of diversity and inclusion?
- Are there aspects of your workplace environment that can improve as a result of an increased understanding or appreciation for diversity and inclusion?
- What resources are needed to improve any of the above results?