NR328 Pediatric Nursing
RUA: Ethical Dilemma Assignment Guidelines
For this assignment, you will examine an ethical dilemma that exists in pediatric settings. You will examine the ethical dilemma from two opposing positions and consider ethical principles, conflict between the principles and the relationship of the ANA Code of Ethic’s provisions in relation to both positions. You will also discuss potential resources, possible outcomes of both positions and develop a plan for resolving the issue (for patient, family and the nurse). You will submit an individual paper grounded in scholarly sources with a reflection on your values.
Course outcomes: This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
1. Provides individualized comprehensive care for children and their families with multiple health problems in
institutions and community care settings from birth through adolescence. (PO 1)
4. Utilizes critical thinking skills in clinical decision making in the care of pediatric clients. (PO 4)
6. Utilizes legal, ethical, and professional standards and principles, including those related to child abuse recognition
and intervention, as a basis for pediatric clinical decision‐making. (PO 6)
8. Utilize research findings as a basis for nursing interventions in pediatric healthcare settings and the development
of professional nursing papers. (PO 8)
Due date: Your faculty member will inform you when this assignment is due. The Late Assignment Policy applies to this assignment.
Total points possible: 100 points
Preparing the assignment
Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions. 1) An ethical dilemma with opposing positions will be assigned by your instructor.
2) Although you may not agree with one of the positions, reflect on your views, respect other perspectives, and
examine scholarly literature on both positions.
3) When faced with ethical dilemmas, nurses often find conflict or differences in values. It is important for nurses to
explore their own values in order to respect other’s values and differences. A section for self‐reflection is included
in this assignment as the last page of the paper and it will not be graded for APA style.
4) Write a 3‐5 page paper (not including the title page, reference page, and the reflection) using APA format.
5) Use this link to take you directly to the ANA website to access the Code of Ethics. When prompted, choose “No I do
not wish to register at this time. Take me to the Code now.” https://www.nursingworld.org/practice‐
6) For APA, formatting, or grammar assistance visit the APA Citation and Writing page in the online library. 7) Include the following sections (detailed criteria listed below and in the Grading Rubric):
a. Introduction ‐10 points/10%
• Description of the dilemma is clear.
• Statistical significance to Pediatric nursing is included.
• Pro and con positions of the dilemma are presented.
• A brief fictional case is used to illustrate the dilemma.
b. Ethical Principles ‐20 points/20%
• Brief description of ethical principles (may cite textbook).
• Applicable ethical principle(s) to support the pro position are used.
• Applicable ethical principle(s) to support the con position are used.
• Discussion of which, if any, ethical principles are in conflict with the opposing positions.
• Discussion supported by scholarly sources.
c. ANA Code of Ethics Provisions‐ 30 points/30%
• Brief description of the ANA Code of Ethics.
• Appropriate three (3) provisions of the ANA Code of Ethics that apply to the ethical dilemma.
• Discussion of how the chosen provisions of the ANA Code of Ethics help guide the nurse in the ethical
d. Outcomes and Plan ‐ 20 points/20%
• Discuss possible outcomes of the pro position.
• Discuss possible outcomes of the con position.
• Present resources available in the community to resolve the dilemma (hotlines, shelters, agencies etc.).
• Explain how resources could help in resolving the dilemma.
• Present a plan for resolving the dilemma (for child, family and nurse).
e. APA Style and Organization – 10 points/10%
• References are submitted with paper.
• Uses current APA format and is free of errors.
• Grammar and mechanics are free of errors.
• At least three (3) nursing, scholarly, peer reviewed, primary sources from the last 5 years, excluding the
textbook, are provided.
• One (1) scholarly source must be the ANA Code of Ethics Provisions.
f. Reflection ‐ 10 points/10%
• Last page of the paper after references.
• Reflection of own values and morals as it relates to the ethical dilemma.
• Discussion on possible cultural, social, or religious influences.
The post examine an ethical dilemma that exists in pediatric settings. You will examine the ethical dilemma from two opposing positions and consider ethical principles, conflict between the principles and the relationship of the ANA Code of Ethic’s provisions in relation to both positions appeared first on Best Custom Essay Writing Services | EssayBureau.com.
We always make sure that our academic writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. Otherwise a 100% refund is guaranteed.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Whether you have an urgent deadline or those that have time. You can take some time and relax after trusting us with your paper. We make sure that we conduct the academic writing services diligently.
Among the wide variety of academic work, essay writing is one of the simplest a student can ever come across. Usually, it is a task which students encounter and learn how to write whilst in high school. However, the case is quite different when it comes to university and college.
Are you looking for an online writing firm that can offer you reliable custom term paper writing help? Is your wish and desire to get someone who can guide you throughout the process of writing term papers? If yes, then you have come to the right place.
Coursework is essential for every student in order to graduate from college. However, most of it is deadline-centric, and that becomes a challenge to most learners. With the amount of work, learners are receiving every day, finding time to work on every task is not easy.
Online homework help services are an answer to every challenge that students go through. Despite the difference in the needs and levels of learning, all students can benefit from these services. Acemyhomework is one of the best online homework help service companies you can find on the internet.