This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
1. Discuss the professional nurse’s role in health promotion activities. (PO 1 and 2) 3. Discuss health promotion, illness prevention, health maintenance, health restoration, and rehabilitation in relation to the nurse’s role in working with various populations. (PO 1, 2, and 8) 7. Identify health promotion strategies throughout the life span. (PO 1, 2, and 4). Due date: Your faculty member will inform you when this assignment is due. The Late Assignment Policy applies to this assignment.
Total points possible: 100 points
Preparing the assignment Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
1) Identify a health problem or need for health promotion for a particular stage in the life span of a population from a specific culture in your area.
3) Research a topic related to health and wellness associated with one of the Healthy People 2020 topic areas.
4) Submit your topic to the instructor for approval at least 2 weeks prior to the final assignment due date, but earlier if desired. All topics must be approved.
5) You will develop an educational health promotion project addressing the population/culture in your area. 6) Use TurnItIn in time to make any edits that might be necessary based on the Similarity Index prior to submitting your paper to your faculty. Consult with your faculty about the acceptable Similarity Index for this paper. 7) For writing assistance (APA, formatting, or grammar) visit the Citation and Writing Assistance: Writing Papers at CU page in the online library. 8) Include the following sections (detailed criteria listed below and in the Grading Rubric). a. Introduction and Conclusion- 15 points/15% . Get Academic Writing Services