Unit VIII discussed the juvenile court system. To explore more about this topic, write an essay investigating changes that were made to the juvenile system by the cases below. Determine what the system was like before and after the following cases:
- Kent v. United States, 383 U.S. 581 (1966);
- In re Gault, 387 U.S. 1 (1967);
- In re Winship, 397 U.S. 358 (1970);
- McKeiver v. Pennsylvania, 403 U.S. 528 (1971);
- Breed v. Jones, 421 U.S. 519 (1975);
- Oklahoma Publishing Co. v. District Court in and for Oklahoma City, 430 U.S. 308 (1977);
- Eddings v. Oklahoma, 455 U.S. 104 (1982);
- Schall v. Martin, 467 U.S. 253 (1984);
- Thompson v. Oklahoma, 484 U.S. 260 (1988);
- Stanford v. Kentucky, 492 U.S. 361 (1989); and
- Roper v. Simmons, 543 U.S. 551 (2005).
Your essay must be at least three pages in length. You are required to use your textbook and at least one outside source in your response. All sources used, including the textbook, must be cited and referenced according to APA Style.