The worksheet Purchasing Survey in the Performance Lawn Care database provides data related to predicting the level of business (Usage Level) obtained from a third-party survey of purchasing managers of customers Performance Lawn Care.8
The seven PLE attributes rated by each respondent are
8 The data and description of this case are based on the HATCO example on pages 28–29 in Joseph F. Hair, Jr., Rolph E. Anderson, Ronald L. Tatham, and William C. Black, Multivariate Analysis, 5th ed. (Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1998).
· Delivery speed—the amount of time it takes to deliver the product once an order is confirmed
· Price level—the perceived level of price charged by PLE
· Price flexibility—the perceived willingness of PLE representatives to negotiate price on all types of purchases
· Manufacturing image—the overall image of the manufacturer
· Overall service—the overall level of service necessary for maintaining a satisfactory relationship between PLE and the purchaser
· Sales force image—the overall image of the PLE’s sales force
· Product quality—perceived level of quality
Responses to these seven variables were obtained using a graphic rating scale, where a 10-centimeter line was drawn between endpoints labeled “poor” and “excellent.” Respondents indicated their perceptions using a mark on the line, which was measured from the left endpoint. The result was a scale from 0 to 10 rounded to one decimal place.
Two measures were obtained that reflected the outcomes of the respondent’s purchase relationships with PLE:
· Usage level—how much of the firm’s total product is purchased from PLE, measured on a 100-point scale, ranging from 0% to 100%
· Satisfaction level—how satisfied the purchaser is with past purchases from PLE, measured on the same graphic rating scale as perceptions 1 through 7
The data also include four characteristics of the responding firms:
· Size of firm—size relative to others in this market (0=small;1=large)(0=small;1=large)
· Purchasing structure—the purchasing method used in a particular company (1=centralized procurement,0=decentralized procurement)(1=centralized procurement,0=decentralized procurement)
· Industry—the industry classification of the purchaser [1=retail(resale such as Home Depot),0=private(nonresale, such as a landscaper)][1=retail(resale such as Home Depot),0=private(nonresale, such as a landscaper)]
· Buying type—a variable that has three categories (1=new purchase,2=modified rebuy,3=straight rebuy)(1=new purchase,2=modified rebuy,3=straight rebuy)
· Elizabeth Burke would like to understand what she learned from these data.
· Apply appropriate data-mining techniques to analyze the data. For example, can PLE segment customers into groups with similar perceptions about the company?
Can cause-and-effect models provide insight about the drivers of satisfaction and usage level? Summarize your results in a report to Ms. Burke.
The Performance Lawn Equipment database contains data needed to develop a pro forma income statement. Dealers selling PLE products all receive 18% of sales revenue for their part of doing business, and this is accounted for as the selling expense. The tax rate is 50%.
· Develop an Excel worksheet to extract and summarize the data needed to develop the income statement for 2014 and implement an Excel model in the form of a pro forma income statement for the company.
The CFO of Performance Lawn Equipment, J. Kenneth Valentine, would like to have a model to predict the net income for the next 3 years. To do this, you need to determine how the variables in the pro forma income statement will likely change in the future.
· Using the calculations and worksheet that you developed along with other historical data in the database, estimate the annual rate of change in sales revenue, cost of goods sold, operating expense, and interest expense.
Use these rates to modify the pro Forma income statement to predict the net income over the next 3 years.
· Because the estimates you derived from the historical data may not hold in the future, conduct appropriate what-if, scenario, and/or parametric sensitivity analyses to investigate how the projections might change if these assumptions don’t hold.
Construct a tornado chart to show how the assumptions impact the net income in your model.
Summarize your results and conclusions in a report to Mr. Valentine.
One of PLE’s manufacturing facilities produces metal engine housings from sheet metal for both mowers and tractors. Production of each product consists of five steps: stamping, drilling, assembly, painting, and packaging to ship to its final assembly plant.
The production rates in hours per unit and the number of production hours available in each department are given in the following table:
|Department||Mower Housings||Tractor Housings||Production Hours Available|
In addition, mower housings require 1.2 square feet of sheet metal per unit and tractor housings require 1.8 square feet per unit, and 2,500 square feet of sheet metal is available.
The company would like to maximize the total number of housings they can produce during the planning period.
· Formulate and solve a linear optimization model and recommend a production plan.
Illustrate the results visually to help explain them in a presentation to Ms. Burke. In addition, conduct whatever what-if analyses (e.g., run different scenarios and apply parameter analysis) you feel are appropriate to include in your presentation.
Summarize your results in a well-written report.
An important aspect of business analytics is good communication. Summarize your findings and write up your answers to this case formally in a well-written report as if you were a consultant to Ms. Burke.
Please develop YOUR OWN TEAM Business Data Analytics EXCEL model(s) to support all your answers and analyses and post this(these) file(s) in addition to your Case Analysis Performance Lawn Equipment Report.
Finally, please answer ALL Questions and Sections of this Data Analytics for BusinessCase with great detail AND STEP BY STEP being extremely methodical and accuratein your answers. It is extremely important that for each Question and Section, you write the entire question and you LABEL and/or PLACE the appropriate headings and subheadings clearly for EACH part of the question and/or section.
Please address, analyze, and discuss in great detail and thoroughly support and explain the what’s, how’s, and why’s of each of your answers.
I expect high caliber Case Analysis Reports with top analyses and interesting insights!! If you have any questions, please let me know. I am here to help.
** No Word and Excel documents: No grading.
We always make sure that our academic writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. Otherwise a 100% refund is guaranteed.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Whether you have an urgent deadline or those that have time. You can take some time and relax after trusting us with your paper. We make sure that we conduct the academic writing services diligently.
Among the wide variety of academic work, essay writing is one of the simplest a student can ever come across. Usually, it is a task which students encounter and learn how to write whilst in high school. However, the case is quite different when it comes to university and college.
Are you looking for an online writing firm that can offer you reliable custom term paper writing help? Is your wish and desire to get someone who can guide you throughout the process of writing term papers? If yes, then you have come to the right place.
Coursework is essential for every student in order to graduate from college. However, most of it is deadline-centric, and that becomes a challenge to most learners. With the amount of work, learners are receiving every day, finding time to work on every task is not easy.
Online homework help services are an answer to every challenge that students go through. Despite the difference in the needs and levels of learning, all students can benefit from these services. Acemyhomework is one of the best online homework help service companies you can find on the internet.